Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolution Time!

I can't believe it is New Year's again! This past year seemed to go by WAY too fast!

As the end of the year approaches, I have started to think about what I have or have not accomplished this past year, and what I would like to achieve in the year to come. You can read my resolutions from last year in this post.

Here are some things I would like to accomplish in 2011:

Weight Loss - Okay, seriously, this is like a thorn in my side. You are probably laughing because it is on the top of my list, every year! Why does it have to be so hard though?! I am starting out this year about 10lbs higher than I started out last year. That is bad. This year I would really like to try to make a lifestyle change, not just diet. I would like to make healthier food for my whole family. I would like to do a lot more homemade snacks and treats for the kids, instead of packaged stuff. I have a treadmill, and I am going to start using it! I bought new shoes, new sports bras, new tank tops and new shorts on Boxing Day - all for working out. I have no excuses now. Even if I only walk on the treadmill for half an hour every evening, that is better than nothing. I will lose weight this year. I have to.

Get Pregnant - LOL! This was on my resolution list 2 years ago, and we made it happen right at the beginning of the year! Haha! Last year I managed to convince Gairod to let us try for one more, but then I didn't get my postpartum cycles back until the end of September. I have had a few seemingly regular cycles now, so I am really hoping to get pregnant within the next few months. I just want one more baby, and then our family will be complete! ♥

Be a Better Mother - I am adding this one to my list again. I love my children SO much, but I know I get frustrated and yell at them unnecessarily sometimes. I would really like to change that. I would like to work on my patience, and remember that life with 5 young kids is NOT going to be quiet, organized, clean, and calm all of the time - and that is okay. The control freak in me wants to keep everything perfect, but that is just not realistic. I want to really enjoy the time that my kids are little, because I know that before I know it they will all be big. The older I get, the faster time seems to pass by, and I don't want to waste their childhood getting frustrated over meaningless things!

Continue to Organize/Declutter - This one, I have to say, I think I did pretty good with last year! I did a lot of decluttering and purging of "stuff". I would like to continue on, and try to live more simply.

I think that is about it for my resolutions. Sadly, they seem to be pretty much the same every year. Somethings, such as decluttering, just seem to be a constant battle. But others, such as weight loss, just seem to be really hard for me. I would like to work really hard this year, and hopefully conquer some if not all of these resolutions!

Happy New Year! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...