Now that the pantry and kids craft stuff is all purged and organized, I need to move onto another organizing project! :)
I would really like to do our bedroom next. Our bedroom has turned into a catch-all of sorts, for anything I don't know what to do with, or where to put. So there is a lot of stuff that just needs to go. If it has been stashed in our room, and obviously not used or needed, then why am I still keeping it?!?!
Now here is my dilemma. I have a lot of clothes, either hanging in my closet, piled on the top shelf of my closet, or in bins in the bottom of my closet, that don't fit. Some of these clothed haven't fit since before I had the triplets - almost 4 years ago! I have been hanging onto them, hoping that I will one day lose all of this weight and fit into them again. But in reality, if (hopefully when) I do lose a bunch of weight, I will most likely want to buy new clothes, not wear my old clothes. Soooooo, should I just get rid of all of the clothes? Should I keep a few essentials and favorites, and get rid of the rest? Or should I continue to keep all of them, since it would be easier to just get "new" clothes out of my closet as I need them, instead of having to buy new stuff.
I should probably mention, that we have a very small bedroom, and a very small closet. So space is a premium, and these clothes are taking up a lot of space.
Your opinions are appreciated! :)
1 comment:
Get rid of them all!
I currently have 7 outfits. Made up of 7 skirts, 7 tanktops, 4 sweaters, 3 long or 3/4 sleeve tops, leggings and socks. This makes my clothes go from season to season. Like you I have 5 children so laundry is done regularly. I imagine yours is as well. Less is always simpler (especially to clean).
As you lose weight you will want to buy new (or at least new to you). I do not store clothes I do not know I will need within 1 year. This means saying no to many donations. I no longer feel bad for not wanting someone elses junk.
Post a Comment