Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How's the "Reading Aloud" going??

We have been doing our "reading aloud" at breakfast and lunch for almost 2 weeks now. I am happy to say that it has been going great!! The kids are enjoying it, and look forward to it each time! :)

I am also proud to announce that due to our reading books everyday, Sage now knows how to say "Book"!! As soon as I bring the book to the table, she points to it and says "Book! Book!" She too seems to be enjoying listening to a story while she eats her meal! :)

So starting tomorrow, we are now going to start our "read aloud" time on our schedule. I have taken a few easy-ish chapter books out of the library, and I am going to try to read a chapter or two each day to the kids. I am hoping that they are interested enough in books now, to actually sit on the couch and listen. We will see!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I bet with time your kids will find they love it! Reading aloud is my standby- I need to regain control of these people activitity! I grab Logan to nurse him and read aloud to the other three. I like to look up the reading lists from Simply Charlotte Mason, Mater Ambillis, Ambleside Online and others and use those books. We've found some fun literature that way. I know some people look up the Sonlight read alouds and do those.

Jenn said...

Thanks for the reading list ideas Heidi! I will definatly check them out! I found a list of "Timeless Classics" and a list of "Newbery Medal Winners" so I am going to try some of those, and see if they interest the kids at all! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...