We are half way through our first year of homeschooling, and we have settled into a nice groove - with Jade at least. The others I am still struggling with.
I was trying to sit them at the table and teach them while Jade did independent work, but it was too loud and distracting for her. So a lot of the time, I have just been skipping doing work with the triplets, and instead sending them downstairs to play, so that Jade can concentrate on her work at the table. But the triplets are going to be 4 in March, and I really want to start working more with them - especially on things like letter and number recognition.
So, I have been racking my brain, and trying to figure out how we can rearrange things, so that they will work for everyone.
Today we tried something different. At 9am (our usual start time), I got Jade settled at the table with her cursive and math, and then I took the younger 4 downstairs. I worked with the younger kids downstairs for half an hour, while Jade did independent work upstairs. Then I let the triplets stay downstairs and play, while I went back upstairs with Sage, to help Jade.
It worked okay, but I am still not sure if that is how I want to do it. So I am still racking my brain, trying to figure out how to best schedule everything in!
No comments:
Post a Comment