Sunday, January 30, 2011

One week down, How many more to go???

Today marks one full week since Gairod left to BC for work. I have to be honest. This week has been a total roller coaster ride for my emotions. One minute I am okay with everything, and the next I am holding back tears. I hate it. What I hate even more, is that now we don't even know when exactly he is going to be able to come home. The engineers keep changing what needs to be done, and adding on more stuff. Yes it means more money, but it also means more time.

Originally the job had to be done by Feb. 11th. Now they are saying it needs to be done by Feb. 18th. That is a whole extra week. Gairod said it will take at least an extra week to get everything done. So we really have no idea when he will be coming home. I am a planner. I need a specific time line, so that I can fill it in with stuff to do, and have an end date to look forward to. I hate not knowing.

My crabbiness isn't helped by the fact that the kids have been sick (Cole was fevered and puking on Friday, everyone else has a cold, and is therefore extra cranky), and the weather is crappy. We have had over 8 inches of snow fall since Friday afternoon, making it not very nice to go anywhere. So we have stayed in the house. I was hoping to get out this weekend, to keep myself busy. But instead I feel trapped in the house.

I know I need to find a new (temporary) groove, and settle into it. But I feel like I am stuck in limbo. I am really struggling.

1 comment:

Julianne Harvey said...

Hang in there, Jenn. I know it's hard when husbands are away, and the weather sucks, and you feel stuck in the house. Watch a few more movies or TV shows, as the cold weather won't last forever. Hope you find your groove soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...