Monday, January 3, 2011

A Healthier Me! - Beginning Week 1

Here we go! It's January 3rd, the first Monday in January - officially time to start my healthy eating/exercising/weight loss plan!

I am completely embarrassed to post my starting weight, but I will, to keep myself accountable! I realize that I am very over-weight, and it disgusts me. I NEED to lose weight!!

Diet - This week, I am going to start out with having a Slimfast shake for breakfast, a Slimfast bar for lunch, and then a healthy, small-portion dinner. I will also try to get in 2 small snacks, such as yogurt, fruit, or veggie. I am going to start with the Slimfast, because I want to see some good results fast. I will eventually switch to healthy, small portion meals.

Exercise - This week, I am going to dust off my treadmill, and walk on it for 30 minutes, every evening. I will also do some ab exercises.

Stats - Alright, here are my beginning stats:

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 227.5lbs
BMI: 35.6

Goal #1 - My first goal, is to be under 200lbs. I have 28.5lbs to lose to reach my goal.

Goal #2 - My second goal, is to be back at my pre-pregnancy (with Sage) weight, which was 189lbs. I have 38.5lbs to lose to reach my second goal.

2 comments:

The Merry Band of Fife said...

I'm right there with you, and your bravery in putting your weight out there inspired me to do it on my own blog!

Jenn said...

Melissa - I debated whether or not to actually put my weight, but decided to just do it, and hope it will keep me more accountable! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...