Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year?

It's hard to believe that another year has come and gone! We had another busy, ever-changing, year. I spent the first 9 months of 2009 pregnant, and the last 3 months with a new baby! ♥ I really couldn't have asked for a better way to spend the year!

Last year, for the first time, I made some New Years Resolutions. You can read about them here, and here. I didn't exactly achieve all of them, but some I did okay on.

Weight loss - this one I TOTALLY failed on. In fact I am starting out this year heavier than last. But in my defense, I DID get pregnant on New Year's Eve, so I was doomed from the start! HA! But I am REALLY hoping to lose weight this year. I KNOW I have said this MANY times before, but I really do want to!! If you have been watching my pre-pregnancy weight ticker at all, you may have noticed that I have been GAINING weight lately instead of losing it. Starting on Monday (Jan 4th) I am cutting out junk food and getting serious about weight loss.

Keeping a cleaner/more organized house - This one was so-so. I have REALLY slacked with the cleaning lately, but I have been pretty good all year with clearing out and getting rid of stuff. Unfortunately, living in a small house, this seems to be a CONSTANT battle. I am always trying to re-arrange stuff and get rid of stuff to make room for new stuff! I am hoping to continue de-cluttering, and get back on track with my cleaning this year!

Being a better wife - This one I think I did pretty good on, but of course there is always room for improvement. I have tried to not be so bitchy and demanding. I have tried to see things from Gairod's point of view, and I have tried to be more intimate and show affection. Like I said, I really feel that I have improved on all of these things, but I DO have to constantly step back and remind myself :)

Get Pregnant - This is one resolution that I should get an A+ on! LOL! I managed to get pregnant on New Year's Eve, after trying for 8 months! I would really like to get pregnant again in 2010, but first I need to convince Gairod. I am really hoping that if I can lose some weight, get better control of the house and the kids, that maybe he will change his mind. I just really don't feel like we are done yet. 6 would DEFINITELY be my limit. I mean absolutely NO offence to anyone with more than 6 kids, but I PERSONALLY, would not want more than 6. If we have one more baby, I will have no problem letting Gairod get snipped after, and I would feel like I could close that part of my life. I just need to work on convincing Gairod of this. I totally understand his skepticism, since I said if we had 5 we could be done, and now I am asking for another. But really, the difference between 5 and 6, is even smaller than the difference between 4 and 5. With 4, we were still "normal". With 5, were are not. lol! With 6 we would be just a bit more abnormal :) With 4, we fit nicely in our minivan. With 5, we needed to move up to a Suburban. 6 would still fit in our Suburban. With 4, we had enough bedrooms in our house. With 5, we needed to develop another bedroom in the basement. With 6 we would still have enough bedrooms, with 2 kids per bedroom. So really, we wouldn't need to make any major changes to have one more baby. Have I convinced YOU yet?!?! I am hoping to talk to Gairod about all this and convince him. If you are wondering WHY I am in such a hurry to start trying, it's because with the exception of Jade, I don't get pregnant very easily. The triplets took 13 months and fertility drugs, and Sage took 8 months, with several anovulatory cycles. Yes I have gotten my period back already, but I have also already had abnormal bleeding, and my temp has not risen, so I have not ovulated. Sorry, I kind of got off topic here, back to resolutions.......

So this year, I am going to continue on with my resolutions from last year, and I am going to add one more. I would like to try to be a better mother. I feel like I spend too much time yelling at my kids, and I don't always enjoy them as much as I should. I want to discipline them better, so that I don't have to yell at them so much, and I want to spend more time playing with them. They are only little once, and before I know it they will all be grown, and these days will only be a memory.

We don't really have any plans for tonight, we'll just watch some movies, and probably go to bed before midnight! Last year we had the best New Year's Eve ever, and we were in bed by 10:30pm! lol! Last New Years we conceived Sage ;) I keep telling Gairod I want to do the same thing this year - make another baby. But he still isn't agreeing with me! lol! So it will probably be a very uneventful New Year's Eve, but hopefully and very eventful and productive New Year! Here's to 2010!! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer Y said...

Good luck with your resolutions!! :) Mine are all similar!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...