The last time I talked about my sister was over a year ago, in this post. I just re-read that post, and I am saddened to say that most things are either the same, or worse than they were then.
Lily will be 2 in February, and my sister is still a terrible mother. She still works evenings at Boston Pizza, and then stays out all night partying with her friends. My mom continually argues with her, and tells her she needs to come home to Lily, but my sister doesn't listen, and obviously doesn't care. Lily is NOT a good sleeper, and is up several times a night, which is hard on my mom who has to get up at 5:30am for work.
Lately, my sister has started to not even come home until 7 or 8am. So of course she is tired, and lays around sleeping on the couch all day, while Lily wonders around the house unsupervised. It's sick. My mom seems to finally be getting sick of it, and has given my sister an ultimatum. Straighten up by January 1st, or get out, and leave Lily.
Am I a terrible sister if I say that I hope she just leaves?! My sister has had 2 years to get her shit together, and she hasn't even tried. Obviously it is NOT a priority to her. It would be so much easier on everyone if she just wasn't even in the picture. Lily deserves so much more, and my mom shouldn't have to deal with all this crap.
So, as January 1st quickly approaches, we will see what happens. I really hope my mom stays strong, and kicks my sister out. She is 22 years old. She is not a kid anymore, and in my opinion, some tough love is long overdue.
2 comments:
That is really sad! :(
We have some family members who we think the same thing about!
It is really sad but I agree with your sentiments, which clearly come out of love for your niece Lily.
Post a Comment