I'm a homeschooling, homesteading, mama of 6! We are not exactly a "typical" family, and that's just the way we like it!
Saturday, January 22, 2011
A test of strength.
A few days ago, Gairod was offered the opportunity to go to BC for work, for 3 weeks. He leaves tomorrow. I am trying to stay calm, and be positive, but honestly, I am freaking out. I don't want him to go!! :( Work has been slow lately, and the money will be really good, but I don't want to be a single mother for 3 weeks. I look forward to him coming home everyday, and being able to help out with the kids at dinner and bedtime. I like snuggling in bed at night, feeling safe and secure. I like having him to talk to, to rely on. He is my rock. I know that I will survive 3 weeks - it's not forever. I know that many people have husbands who regularly have to go away for longer then that. But I don't. I am not used to it, and our kids are not used to it. I am really hoping that things go smoothly, and that 3 weeks fly by. But I don't know. I think this is really going to be a test of my strength.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally understand where you're coming from. Mine used to leave for one week every quarter and I dreaded it. Just make it through one day at a time - I'll pray for you ;-P
Post a Comment