Yesterday, I was feeling very optimistic about everything - a new schedule, Gairod being gone, etc.
Today I feel the opposite. I woke up with a pounding headache - not a great way to start the day. By 9am, I was already tired of the kids fighting, whining, and crying. So we ditched our new schedule for today, and I just sent the little kids downstairs to play. Pathetic, I know, but I just wasn't in the mood today. Jade sat at the table and did some school work.
Yesterday I made the kids a chart, to count down the number of sleeps until Daddy gets home. I figured it would help to make it a little bit more concrete for them, since they really don't grasp the concept of time yet. Unfortunately, it also makes it more concrete for me. 18 more sleeps. That's a lot.
Gairod was able to Skype us last night, just after I had put the kids to bed, so I woke them up (except for Sage), and they all got to see and talk to Daddy! He said they had orientation yesterday, and they had made changes to the job, needing more done. So that means more money, which is good, but possibly a longer stay, and longer hours each day. He wasn't totally sure about a longer stay, but said he would probably find out more today.
Today I am just feeling restless, board, and lonely. The kids and I all have a bit of a cold, so I am sure that is adding to everyone's irritability. I know that tomorrow I will probably feel better about everything, but for today, I am just going to feel sorry for myself.
1 comment:
((hugs)) that sounds like a rough day. Your schedule won't go anywhere and you will get to it when needed. Hole you feel better tomorrow.
Post a Comment