Friday, November 13, 2009

Sick.

It is almost 9:30am, and I have already been up for 6 hours. That's right, I have been up since 3:30am. That is when Kadance started throwing up.

One of the most amazing things about being a mother, in my opinion, is the ability to hear your child in the middle of the night, no matter how deeply you are sleeping, and no matter how quiet they are. Last night, at about 3:30am, I woke up to Kadance quietly calling "Mommy........Mommy........Mommy". So I got out of bed and went to her room to see what was the matter. She was standing in the middle of their dark room, and wanted to come out. I told her no, she had to go back to bed, because it was still night time. She kept saying no, she didn't want to go back to bed. I finally got her into bed, and as I was lying her down, I felt yucky wetness on her pillow. Uh oh. I turned on their light, which of course woke the boys up, and sure enough, there was puke on her pillow, and on her sheets. So I changed her sheets, got her a new pillow, and got her and the boys back to bed. I was *hoping* it was just a fluke thing, and she coughed and gagged or something, and wasn't really sick.

Unfortunately, I no sooner finished rinsing out her sheets and crawled back into bed, and I heard it - she was throwing up again. I jumped up and raced into her room with a bucket. But I was too late. She had already puked all over her new sheets, pj's, and in her hair. So I stripped her bed again, stripped her, and got her in the bath. Gairod got the boys back into bed, again, and I set up a bed on the couch for Kadance. There I sat for the next 4 hours, holding a bucket for her every time she threw up.

It has now been about 2 hours since she last threw up. She has eaten a piece of toast, and she *says* she is feeling better, but she still looks sick. I don't think it is over yet, but at least it is slowing down.

One of the things I DON'T like about having so many kids, is that it is very rare for just ONE kid to get sick. So as soon as one does, I am on guard, watching and waiting, to see who is going to be next.

1 comment:

Special K said...

Oh honey- good luck with that one! I remember a family we were close to dealing with headlice over and over and the amount of laundry- ugh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...