Yesterday I got a library membership. I know most of you are probably thinking "So what? That's no big deal!" But in this house, it is! lol!
Poor Jade has been asking to go to the town library for well over a YEAR! When I was a kid, we ALWAYS went to the library, like at least once a week. I LOVED to read, and devoured books! When Jade was younger, we had so many books at home, that I didn't see the need to go to the library. But since Jade learned how to read, she has been asking to go to the library.
Jade reminds me of myself. She has a passion for reading, and is VERY good at it. They have library at school, so she gets books there, but like I said, she has been asking to go to the town library, and we just haven't made it there yet. I was planning on taking her in the summer, but we really didn't end up doing much of anything over the summer. Plus, with the triplets, it has been hard to find the time to go. There is no way their stroller would have fit in the library (it is a very small building), and now that they don't need their stroller I am still scared to take them in, because of the fact that they would probably destroy the place! Think about it - three 2-year-olds, in a building full of paper books, all at their level?? I can just imagine the destruction that would happen in a very short amount of time!!
The other day, Jade's class took a field trip to the town library. They are having a reading contest, and Jade REALLY wanted to participate in it. So yesterday, after school, while Gairod was at home with the other kids, I took Jade to the library and we got a membership! :)
Seeing the delight in her face when we pulled into the parking lot almost made me cry! I SHOULD have done this a LONG time ago :( But we can't go back now, so all we can do is go forward! I am going to try and take Jade to the library once a week, and eventually I will get up the courage to take the triplets too!
2 comments:
That is really cute! We need to go get our library card renewed, we used to go every week. But have not gone for a few months! I will finish up your pictures this week, sorry things got crazy around here again!
Hey Caitlin, no problem! You are a busy mama! :)
Post a Comment