So after my post yesterday, Kadance seemed okay for the rest of the morning. She was still a bit warm, and tired, but she wasn't throwing up anymore. She even ate lunch, and sat at the table and colored with the boys.
When it was time to go get Jade from school, Kadance was napping on the couch, so I had to wake her up. She was cranky when I woke her up, but she said her tummy felt okay, she was just tired.
I have always been VERY good about making sure I DO NOT take sick kids in my vehicle. If someone is sick, or seems like they might be getting sick, I don't go anywhere. If Jade needs to go to school or be picked up, I call and find someone else to do it. I have NEVER had a kid throw up in my vehicle, and I have never had to clean puke out of a carseat. I really would have liked to keep it that way. (I am sure you can now imagine where this is going!)
So I loaded all the kids up in the Suburban, and drove the two minutes to Jade's school. I got Jade and Ethan (the boy I carpool), and we drove the two minutes to Ethan's house. Just as I was pulling up in front of his house, Kadance threw up. I had brought a bucket with us, just in case, so Jade quickly put the bucket in front of Kadance, but it was too late, she had already puked all over herself and her carseat. I quickly started to drive home, and Cole started puking. He had eaten quite a bit, so as I am sure you can imagine, LOTS came out. Jade managed to catch some of it in the bucket, but not much. Then just as we were pulling up to our house, Hayden puked too.
In about 5 minutes, I went from never having any puke in my vehicle, to having 3 kids puke in 3 carseats!
I wanted to cry. I didn't even know where to start. Sage was crying because she needed to eat, the triplets were all crying because they were all covered in vomit, and poor Jade was holding the puke bucket in one hand, and plugging her nose with her other hand! Luckily, right at that moment, my mom called, asking if I wanted to go out and do something. I told her what had just happened, and she asked if she could come out and help me.
So my mom came out and watched the kids, so I could get things cleaned up. It was a good thing too, because Cole threw up several more times in the house, so I would never have been able to get the Suburban cleaned out.
Gairod got home around 5:00pm. We put the kids to bed at 7:00pm, their usual time, and hoped and prayed for a puke-free night. Thankfully, our wish came true!!
This morning they have all had apple juice and cheerios, and everyone is keeping it down. Kadance is still completely out of sorts, she is a bit whiny and lethargic, and will hardly eat or drink anything. But she is not puking, so that is good! Cole seems fine, and Hayden seems fine, except that about half an hour ago, he had diarrhea. When ever a stomach bug goes through our house, that seems to be his reaction. He is much more likely to have diarrhea than to throw up.
So I am REALLY hoping the worst is over! We are going to lay low today, and I will continue to feed the kids bland food, and HOPEFULLY by Monday everyone will be back to normal!
1 comment:
oh my!!!!! I think you win an award for big disaster- times 3!
Post a Comment