Wednesday, November 4, 2009

5 weeks (and 1 day) old!

I was going to do this update yesterday, but I got busy, and ran out of time!

Sage is 5 weeks old. All of a sudden she seems bigger, and doesn't seem to have that tiny little newborn body anymore. She is still wearing 0-3 month clothes, but she just seems bigger for some reason! lol!

Sage still has a bit of a cold. It is mostly in her chest now, and she has a nasty little cough, but she is eating much better, and seems to be feeling better.

Sage definitely seems to be getting into more of a regular routine as far as eating is concerned. She likes to eat about every 2 - 3 hours during the day, and she has been pretty consistently going for a 5 - 6 1/2 hour stretch in the evening/night. The only problem is she likes to have her last feed at around 7:30pm, so I am not getting to sleep for her long stretch, as I don't usually go to bed until around 10 - 10:30pm. I have tried waking her up to eat before I go to bed, but it doesn't work, she is just too sleepy. I have also tried holding her off, and not feeding her until sometime between 8pm and 9pm, but she doesn't go right to sleep after this feed, and is somewhat fussy, so then I end up being up until 11pm or later, trying to get her to settle and go to sleep. So I am not sure. I would like it if she would eat a bit later than 7:30pm, but only if she would go right to sleep after! lol! She still sleeps for most of the day, but when she is awake, she is more alert, and smiles more! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...