Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Not enough hours!!

I have decided there are just not enough hours in the day. Actually, there are not enough hours in the evening, when the kids are in bed!

I have so many things that I want to do, but I can't seem to find the time to do even a fraction of them!

The triplets go to bed at 7pm. I usually try to go to bed at 10 or 10:30pm. So that leaves me 3 hours in the evening (as long as Sage isn't being fussy), to get everything done that I NEED to do (dishes, finish laundry, Jade lunch made, Sage bathed, Sage fed, cleaning), and try to fit in a few things that I WANT to do.

I want to clean/organize the house. Since it is almost impossible for me to clean or organize anything during the day, when the kids are around, the only real time I have to do this is after they are asleep. I struggle big time trying to keep up with the basic cleaning, let alone doing any deep cleaning and organizing!

I want to scrapbook. I really like scrapbooking, and every day that goes by, I am getting further and further behind! Part of the problem is that I have no where to keep my stuff set up, so it takes so much time to get everything out and set up, that I end up with hardly any time left to actually scrapbook!

I want to exercise. Until we get the basement done, and I can get a treadmill in there, I have thought about doing Wii Fit. But when am I going to do it? I can't do it during the day, the triplets would be ALL over it! lol! So the only time is in the evening.

I want to watch TV. I don't watch THAT much TV, but I do have certain shows that I watch every week, and I don't like to miss them. Since most of them are on while the kids are still awake or I am trying to get them to bed, or on Tuesdays when I grocery shop, or Thursdays when Jade has gymnastics, I end up having to tape most of them. Then I am always playing catch up, trying to find the time to watch the shows I have taped!

I want to spend time on the computer. Obviously I like to blog, and I also like to spend time on Facebook, and a few boards on Babycenter. I spend a bit of time on the computer during the day, but certain things like blogging, are easier to do when the kids are in bed, and I can actually concentrate on what I am typing! lol!

I want to spend time with Gairod. Gairod is my husband, and I love him. He leaves for work VERY early in the morning, and usually doesn't get home until at least 7pm. There are always things that happen during the day that I want to talk to him about, he wants to talk to me about his day, and we want to spend time together in general, to stay connected!

I am finding it impossible to do all these things every night, or even every few nights. For example, tonight, I did the dishes/cleaned up the kitchen, got Jade's lunch ready, bathed Sage, fed her while I watched part of a taped show, put her to bed, folded a basket of laundry while I watched the rest of the show, and typed this blog. It is now 9:45pm, and I am tired, and thinking about getting washed up and going to bed. I didn't get ANY of my daily cleaning done. I have a busy day tomorrow, and I will be out all evening tomorrow too, so I won't get anything done then either.

I need to figure out some way to get more done!

3 comments:

Jennifer Y said...

I agree and I only have a fraction of the responsibility as you!! And I would LOVE to scrapbook but haven't been able to find the time! I bought TONS of stuff to do a scrapbook for my wedding (which was almost 3 1/2 years ago) and never did it. Then I got tons more stuff to do one for Venily and never did it! Someday...

Special K said...

I think that is one of the things that hits me when I get the urge to have another child. I FINALLY am getting most house things under control with time for "me" too!

You have triplets that would probably LOVE a mother's helper. Maybe start asking around if there would be a preteen friend that could come over for a few dollars from 3-4 pm or so so you could get things done? Just an idea. Maybe if money is tight they could get community service credits for it, I know a lot of schools require that. Or hire your older daughter and her friend to be "helpers" for a full chunk of time.

Jenn said...

Special K - I have actually thought about getting a student for an hour or two after school, but the only thing is for me to really get anything done, I would need the kids OUT of the house! And with winter coming up, it will be too cold for them to play outside. Actually, if we ever get our basement done, I could send them down there, and do some cleaning upstairs! But at the rate that is going I will probably just have to wait until spring, and send them outside! lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...