Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Grocery Shopping

Ever since the triplets were born, I have taken them grocery shopping with me.

When they were infants, I went grocery shopping every two weeks. I pushed them in the triple decker stroller, and pulled a cart behind me. I am sure I was quite a sight, but hey, whatever works, right?!

When they got a bit older, I put all three of them in the cart (2 in the seats, and 1 in the top part), and switched to weekly shopping, so that I had less to get, and it took less time!

Near the end of my pregnancy with Sage, I switched to grocery shopping in the evening, still once a week, usually with just Jade.

It was just getting too hard with the triplets. They were getting grabbier (is that a word?!), they were hitting each other and fighting more, and they were getting less patient.

Since Sage was born, I have still been going weekly in the evenings, but now with Jade and Sage. I really don't like going in the evening. I am more of a stay-at-home-in-the-evening kind of person. I am just so tired at the end of the day, that I really don't want to spend my evening grocery shopping.

So about a week ago, I talked to Jade's old babysitter, and asked if she would take the triplets as drop-ins once a week, for 2 hours, so I can grocery shop! She agreed, and today was our first day! It was SO nice to grocery shop during the day again, but with only Sage!

My sanity is definitely worth the cost of paying someone to watch them so I can grocery shop in peace! :)

1 comment:

Nothing shocks me anymore... said...

Do it and don't feel bad one second! They love that play time just as much as you enjoy your peace!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...