The closer it gets to Christmas, the more I have been thinking about New Years Resolutions. I don't usually make any, but this year I am going to. I feel like my life is passing me by, because I am always waiting, wanting or wishing (see other post). I have decided that it is time to put a stop to this, and start living my life, and excepting it for all that it is, or isn't.
I have some big goals for my resolutions, so I want to ease myself into them, by kind of starting now, but waiting to go full out until after Christmas.
So here they are:
Resolution #1 - Eat healthier/Lose weight.
I am tired of waiting to get pregnant. Maybe if I start losing some weight now, it will actually be easier to get pregnant, maybe not. I don't know. All I know is that I hate my body right now, and it is time to do something about it!
Resolution #2 - Keep the house cleaner/Be a better homemaker.
Maybe if I spend more time cleaning, I will have less time to eat. No, seriously! The triplets are finally getting old enough that I don't have to sit and play with them, or hold them, every second of every day! I have been reading the "Housework" thread on the BBC Large Family board, and it just amazes me how much those ladies get done in a day! And most of them have a few young kids, so I really can't keep using that as my excuse! I have decided to join them. I am going to try and follow their lists, and hopefully get a lot more done around the house each day!
Resolution #3 - Be a better wife.
When I really think about it, I have it pretty good. I have a loving husband, who was willing to date and then marry me, fully knowing I already had a daughter. When we found out we were expecting triplets, he knew I wouldn't be working again for a long time, so he stepped up and did what he needed to do to be the sole provider for our family. He works long hours, and then comes home and listens to me complain about my day with the kids. I need to stop complaining so much, and be thankful for all that Gairod does, instead of only focusing on what he doesn't do. I love my husband, and intend for us to be together forever. It's time I start showing my love, and work on building a better relationship.
So those are my New Year's resolutions! Like I said, I plan on easing into them now, and starting full force on January 1st!!
2 comments:
WOW Sweetheart!! That's quite a list! I LOVE it...I've never made a resolution either and was thinking along the same lines as yours :) ... Guess I'll have to come up with something else?! ;)
Glad I'm finally finding time to catch up with you via your blog anyways ...
Tracy, you don't have to come up with something else, that's the beauty of resolutions, you can have the exact same as someone else, but it doesn't matter, because it's all really about YOU!
Post a Comment