Here is the back story: Ever since the triplets were little, we have had all three of their carseats in the third row of our Dodge Grand Caravan. Jade is in one of the middle captain seats, and the other captain seat is stowed down (we have stow-and-go). I have really liked this set up. It gives me lots of room to get the little ones in and out of the van, as well as room for grocery's or shopping bags, since my triple stroller takes up most of the back! I have tried other arrangements, but nothing has worked as well as this one. With the infant bucket seats, it was a tight squeeze, but worked okay thanks to the bases that we could leave in all the time. When we needed to upgrade to rear/forward facing seats, I looked all over and found the ONE brand that you can actually fit three carseats across the back row, since most are made so wide now.
I have always complained about the fact that the Grand Caravan only comes with ONE carseat anchor in the back row. Seriously, it is a minivan, and quite often people with minivans have more than one child in a carseat. Yes there are anchors on the two middle seats, but you would think they would have them on ALL seats! Anyways, I didn't really think it was that big of a deal, we could just go get two more installed when we needed them.
Finally the time came when we needed to switch the boys forward facing (with our carseats they need to be 22lbs to be forward facing). So in June, we made an appointment with Airdrie Dodge to take the van in. This in itself was a HUGE pain in the a$$! They are not open on weekends, so we had to book it for during the week, when I would have to take it in myself, with all the kids. So I took all the kids over to my cousins house, dropped them off with her, took the van to Dodge, and got them to shuttle me back to my cousins house. We spent two hours there, and then Dodge called and said that they couldn't do it, because the ordered the wrong parts, and "didn't know how to do it anyways, so would have to find out how". Are you kidding me?! Dodge doesn't know how to install carseat anchors in their own vehicle?! I was very mad, because it was a big waste of time, and I still didn't have anchors in! When I got home I discovered that they DID install one of the wrong ones, it didn't look nice, but it worked, so that is what we have been using.
Now Kadance is almost ready to be forward facing, so we need the third anchor. So I called last week, made an appointment, and my father-in-law took the van in this morning. He dropped it off, and about an hour later, they called him and said that they can't do it. They can't put 3 anchors in the third row, only 2. Are you kidding me?! Why not? Why didn't they tell us this last time we took it in? Why didn't they tell us this BEFORE we bought our van, when we were pregnant with the triplets?! I am SOOO mad right now. Apparently it has something to do with the fact that the seats are stow-and-go, but I call bull sh*t, because why would they be able to put them on every seat but one?? If we knew this before, we would have gotten a different vehicle! I told Gairod I want to sell our minivan, and buy a 12-passenger van, so I can have lots of room, and put as many carseats as I want, wherever I want!
No comments:
Post a Comment