Well, as my mom always says, "It's all over but the crying!" I don't really know what that means, but Christmas is over!
We had a very busy day yesterday, but the kids all handled it pretty well! We got up at 7:30am, actually Gairod and I woke up then, and decided we better wake the kids up, so that we could get on with things! So we did our stockings and presents, the triplets LOVED ripping open all the presents, even ones that weren't for them! LOL! I got spoiled!! Gairod and I weren't supposed to be getting anything for each other, because we just got a new TV, and new bedding, and we had agreed that that would be our Christmas presents. Well, Gairod got me a new camera, a spa package, and a new washer and dryer!!! The washer and dryer aren't actually here yet, they aren't in until the 11th, but he wrapped up a picture of them for me! I couldn't believe how much he spent on me! He said I deserved it for all the hard work I do with the kids and around the house. He said he really does appreciate everything I do, even if I don't always think he shows it. I was so touched when he said that, it's nice to know that he actually does care!
After we finished with presents, Gairod fed the kids, and I hopped in the shower. We got the kids dressed, and then we had to wait for Gairod's brother to come over and help Gairod load the snow blower he got for his dad, into his truck. So while we waited Gairod put together the climber/slide that the triplets got from Santa. They loved it, and played on it for an hour straight, until we were finally ready to go to Gairod's parents house!
So we went to Gairod's parents house at about 10am. We opened presents there, and the kids snacked on veggies! Then at about 12:30pm, we went into my parents house. The triplets fell asleep on the way in, but it is only a 15 minute drive, so not really enough time for a nap. At my parents we opened presents (by this time the triplets were DONE with opening presents, so we had to open them for them!) and we all snacked! We also had cake for my sister's birthday.
At about 3:00pm, we left my parents house, and headed back to Gairod's parents house for Christmas dinner. We ate nice and early, around 5:00pm, and by around 7:00pm, we were all exhausted and ready to head home! The kids did great considering they really didn't nap, and had such a busy day!
Oh, I forgot to mention the fact that I woke up Christmas morning with pink eye! Nice eh? I don't know what the heck is wrong with me, I have gotten pink eye more times in the last few year then I ever have in my life! Often when I have a cold I tend to get it as a secondary infection! It's such a pain, because it is highly contagious! And with it being Christmas, I won't be able to get into the doctor until Monday!
Anyways, besides that, everything was good!
No comments:
Post a Comment