I know I have talked a lot about wanting to lose weight, but I have yet to really do anything about it. Sure, every other Monday I start a diet or exercise plan, but then I never follow through for very long. So I usually lose a bit of weight, then gain it all back again. I am tired of it. I am tired of being fat, I am tired of not following through.
So on Monday, I am going to start again, and I am going to follow through. I am going to start "Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred".
I like the fact that it is 30 days. I like that there is an end to look forward to. No, that doesn't mean that I plan to quit exercising all together at the end of 30 days. But I might change it up, switch to the treadmill, or I might want to start it again right away. I don't know, we will see when I get there! :)
If I start on Monday, 30 days puts me at just before we are planning on leaving for the lake for a week in May, so that is perfect! The DVD claims you can lose up to 20lbs in 30 days. If I can be 20lbs lighter by the time we go to the lake on May long, I will be thrilled!!
Now, I know I said I am NOT going to quit, but just in case, I am not going to publish these posts until I am half way through. I will blog every day about it, but YOU won't see them until I am already 2 weeks in!
Here we go......
DAY 1 - Monday, April 18th/11
My starting weight is 225lbs. Gross, I know.
I did it! I actually started!! Sometimes I think that getting started is half of the battle - the other half is continuing! lol! I am normally a workout-in-the-evening kind of girl, but we have SO much going on in the next few weeks, that I realized I would fail almost immediately, if I only planned to workout in the evenings. So, I am going to have to get creative! Today, I worked out at 8am, with all of the kids watching me. And you know, what? It didn't kill me! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment