For the past several weeks, my plate has been full. Actually, it's been overflowing! We have had WAY too much going on, and I really don't like it.
I have come to realize lately, that I am not the kind of person who handles stress very well. It's kind of funny actually, as most people think that because I have five kids and I homeschool, that I must handle stress really well! But I actually tend to get really anxious and crabby, and just shut down when I am feeling too stressed.
One of my reasons for homeschooling, is that I wanted to avoid the chaos of running back and forth, dropping kids off and picking kids up all day. For the last little while though, we've had Jade's piano lessons, Kadance's speech therapy, Cole's speech therapy, the triplet's baseball, and Jade's baseball. Then there's been weekly grocery shopping, my weekly night out, and some other temporary commitments that required me to be out of the house a few evenings for each of the past few weeks.
I feel like there has just been TOO MUCH going on, and I/we haven't had enough time at home! I am a bit of a homebody, and generally prefer a relaxing evening at home over a busy night out. I also find that when we aren't home during the day, stuff doesn't get done around the house! The laundry piles up, the chores don't get done, meals don't get made, and all of the little things on my to-do list start to stack up!
We are supposed to be leaving for the lake on Friday, but we are no where near being ready to go! I LOVE being at the lake - it's so simple, quiet, relaxing, and fun! I just hate all of the work it takes to get there! :)
I am really looking forward to July. Jade's piano lessons will be done until September, Cole and Kadance will both be taking a break from Speech therapy, and all of the kids will be done baseball! We will have NO commitments for 2 months, so we will actually have time to slow down and enjoy life! I can't wait! :)
2 comments:
Let's share some "whine" at our pity parties, shall we Jenn? LOL
Haha! Sounds good! :)
Post a Comment