I always seem to struggle to lose weight after a pregnancy, I don't know why I thought this time would be any different :(
With both my other pregnancies, I have followed the same pattern - good initial weight loss in the first couple of weeks, and then it slows to almost nothing, fluctuating between losing a little some weeks, then gaining a little other weeks. This trend continues until I stop nursing.
Unfortunately I am NOT one of those lucky people who easily lose weight while nursing. In fact, I am the exact opposite. Something about nursing makes my body hang onto extra weight, making it very difficult to lose. Once I stop nursing, I have an easier time losing weight.
Since I am NOT willing to stop nursing just to lose weight easier, I am going to just have to tough it out, and try to do the best I can.
Today, at almost 4 weeks postpartum (I weigh myself every Monday), I only lost half a lb this week. I guess it's better than a gain, but not much.
I need to try really hard to eat as healthy as I can, and somehow try to find time to exercise, then maybe I will see some better weight loss. Unfortunately, "me time" isn't exactly at the top of my priority list right now, and I am still struggling with snacking on junk.
No comments:
Post a Comment