Thursday, October 8, 2009

BAD night!

Last night was NOT a good night.

To start with, Gairod had to work late, again. He has had to work late everyday this week. Normally I wouldn't mind too much, but with a new baby, who seems to be more fussy around dinner time/early evening, and trying to get the rest of the kids fed, bathed, and into bed, I really wish he could be home to help! THEN, he called me when they were done work (around 7pm), and said that they were just going to go to a pub for a few drinks and some appetizers. Seriously?! I am EXHAUSTED, I still have to bath Sage, make Jade's lunch, do the dishes, do some laundry, and I haven't eaten any dinner yet, and he is going out to socialize?! I was NOT very happy. Anyways, he got home a few hours later, and I didn't say much to him.

I finished feeding Sage and got her into her crib at about 10:30pm. I was really tired, so I went to bed right away, and was hoping for some decent sleep. At 12:30am, Sage woke up to eat. So I got up and fed her. She ate, and ate, and ate! Then I tried to lay her back down in her crib, and she started fussing. So I took her out, and she still wanted to eat. So I fed her a bit more, she feel asleep, and I tried to put her in her crib. She started fussing again. This cycle continued until 2:30am, when I couldn't take it anymore!! I finally ended up just bringing her into bed with me, and nursing her laying down.

I also need to back-track, and let you know that the day we had Sage, they stared ripping up our street, to replace our water lines. So our entire street is blocked, off, and we have to park in the alley, and use our back door. This is a major pain, since our back landing is about 2 feet by 2 feet, has no closet for coats, and no room for shoes.

Since they are replacing the water lines, they have us on a water line that is above ground, going across everyones lawns, and going to each house with a garden hose. A few days after they started all of this, it started to get really cold. On Monday, one of the hoses burst, and we had no water for most of the morning. Great, just what I needed with three toddlers and a newborn!!

Last night, at around 2am (just after one of the times I tried to lay Sage down) I went to the bathroom, and discovered that we had no water AGAIN!! So this pissed me off even more, because I KNEW I wasn't going to be able to have a shower in the morning, and if I was going to be up all night, I at least wanted to be able to have a nice hot shower in the morning to make myself feel some-what human!!

So with no sleep, and no water, it was NOT a good night!!

2 comments:

Mira said...

So sorry. I feel for you. I hope tonight is better.

The Merry Band of Fife said...

Oh I'm so sorry Jenn. I know how rough those early weeks are. (((HUGS)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...