Monday, October 5, 2009

Hormones

After both of my previous pregnancies, I can distinctly remember having one night, shortly after birth, where I would wake up SEVERAL times, drenched in sweat, freezing cold, and needing to pee, not now, but RIGHT NOW!

With Jade is was a few days after she was born, after I was home from the hospital. With the triplets, it was only a day or two after they were born, and I was still in the hospital. That one really sucked, because it was hard for me to get up because of my c-section, and I was still hooked up to an IV, so it was quite the process to get out of bed and to the bathroom, without peeing my pants! lol!

Just yesterday, I started thinking about the fact that I hadn't had that night yet, and Sage was 5 days old. Well all it took was thinking about it, to make it happen! lol! I got up to go pee at about 1am, and as I was getting back into bed, I all of a sudden got the chills, BIG TIME! I was shaking so hard and uncontrollably, that it actually woke Gairod up! He moved over and snuggled me, to try and help me warm up. Then I started crying, because I was so cold. Man, gotta love post-pregnancy hormones! lol! After that, I woke up several more times, damp and chilled, needing to pee!

I understand that it is just a normal part of the post-pardom process, but really, as if a new mother isn't up enough times with her baby, does she really need to get up several more?!?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...