In the afternoon, the health nurse came. She weighed Sage, and she was down to 7lbs 8ozs, a 9% loss. The nurse said that between 5-10% is normal, but they start to get a bit concerned when it gets closer to 10. But since I am not a first time mom, and Sage was nursing well, she figured my milk should come in really soon, and Sage would start gaining again. But she told me to make sure I am not letting her go more than 2 1/2 - 3 hours between feeding, until my doctor appointment on Monday, when we make sure she has started gaining weight. My milk ended up coming in later that evening! Friday night was MUCH better, and I ended up getting about 6 hours total sleep.
On Saturday, we gave Sage her first bath :) She screamed through the whole thing, but that didn't surprise me, as I have yet to see a baby who actually likes their first bath! lol!
Today, the lack of sleep has really started to catch up with me. I got about 4 1/2 hours of sleep last night, which is just NOT enough for me!! I really think I need to start trying to nap in the afternoon, when the triplets are napping, if Sage will cooperate! :)
As for me, besides the tiredness, I am feeling pretty good. I had a small tear that required a few stitches, so I am a little extra tender in that area. My entire body is still quite sore as well, especially my hips and lower back. But I guess that's to be expected after the work of labour and delivery, and everything trying to get back to normal now that there isn't a baby taking up so much room! But compared to a c-section recovery, I am doing GREAT!! I can pick up my kids, go up and down stairs, bend over, sit up, etc. I am SOOO happy I got my VBAC!! :)
Sage's first bath!
No comments:
Post a Comment