Sunday, October 4, 2009

The first few days.

Since it was already after 10pm when I had Sage, it was after midnight by the time they got me into my postpartum room. Gairod got me some food (I hadn't eaten anything that morning, because I was too nervous, so I was STARVING!), and headed home. He was exhausted, and wanted to get somewhat of a good sleep in our own bed!

Sage was AWESOME the first night! I had to wake her up to nurse her, because she would have just kept on sleeping!! So the next day, I was feeling surprisingly well rested. Gairod came up late morning, and my grandma came up around the same time, and stayed for a short visit.

Normally after an uncomplicated vaginal delivery, they send you home after 24 hours, but because it was so late when I had Sage, they let me stay another night. I wanted the kids to come up and see their new sister, so late afternoon, Gairod went home and got them. They were all thrilled, and so excited to hold her!!

Hayden holding Sage
Kadance holding Sage
Cole holding Sage
Jade holding Sage
They didn't stay for very long, because the kids were bouncing off the walls! lol! A little bit later that evening, my mom came up for a visit. After she left, I figured I would feed Sage, and settle in for another restful night.

Sage had other plans! She was up fussing almost the whole night!! I literally got about an hour of sleep. She was really gassy, and just would NOT settle! I guess it served me right for thinking things would go as smoothly as the night before! lol!

So needless to say, I was very tired Thursday morning, and ready to go home! They discharged me around 11am, so I called Gairod to come and get me. By the time we got home, it was 1pm. Gairod's mom had just put the kids down for a nap, and since I was exhausted, I decided to lay down for an hour too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...