Thursday, October 30, 2008

Not a good week...

This week has not been a good week health-wise for the kids. Last weekend, all the babies got colds, so they have had runny, stuffy noses, and have been extra cranky. On Monday, Cole had diarrhea a few times, including once where I had to strip him down and bath him, because it was everywhere. On Tuesday, all the babies were still runny nosed and cranky, and Cole didn't look good from the moment he got up. He sat in his highchair, and didn't touch his breakfast. He was very pale, even his lips had no color. He was gaging a bit in his highchair, and I just had a feeling he was going to throw up, so I called my mother-in-law to take Jade to school for me, and sure enough, just as they were about to leave, Cole threw up. He was very lethargic, and just wanted to be held, for the rest of the day. On Wednesday, Cole had diarrhea again, and I had to strip him and bath him just as I was about to get everyone out the door to take Jade to school, he was still off all day, not eating much, just wanting to cuddle. Last night, at around 11:30pm, Kadance all of a sudden wakes up, crying and struggling to breath. I have never actually heard croup before, but I knew right away that that is exactly what it was. Gairod calmed her down, and she went back to sleep for a bit, but woke up several more times throughout the night, barking and crying, so needless to say, we got very little sleep last night. Today, I let the little ones sleep in, and woke them up just before we had to take Jade to school. Poor Kadance was so croupy, I was going to call the Dr as soon as they opened, and try to get her in. I fed the kids breakfast, and still Cole didn't eat much, and was very lethargic and just wanted to be held. They all STILL have colds, and Cole has thrown up 3 times so far today, and hardly eaten or drank anything. Kadance is sounding much better, so I didn't end up taking her in, but from what I have read about croup, she is very likely to have trouble again tonight, and it is very contagious, so the others are at high risk to get it.

Today is Jades 'Halloween Parade' at school, where they all dress up and parade around the school and into the gym, where all the parents can see them. I was planning on dressing up the little kids and going, but with Cole puking, and Kadance being contagious, I figured I better stay home. I feel horrible. Jade always gets let down because of the babies. She is such a trouper though, this morning I told her that we might not be able to come, and she said to me "That's okay mom, the important thing is to get the babies healthy" I almost cried when she said that. She gives up and misses out on SOOO much because of them, it is not fair, but she is so mature about it.

I am exhausted. Being up at night with sick kids, and having Cole attached to me all day, as well as the other needing attention too, is very tiring. I feel like I have gotten absolutely NOTHING accomplished this week, which just adds to my list of stuff to do next week. I just want all my kids to hurry up and get healthy, and life to get back to normal.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Im so sorry the kids are sick! Hope they get healthy, too! Jade is a trooper, it is awesome that she is so understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...