Saturday, October 25, 2008

I have decided it is time for me to lower my expectations. I have been married for just over 3 years, and almost the entire time, I have been trying to mold Gairod into the husband I want him to be, instead of just accepting him for who he is.
Gairod has always been very social, very active, and LOVES the outdoors, pretty much the opposite of me! He plays hockey, volleyball and baseball, he hunts, camps and fishes. He likes getting together with friends, and having people over for dinner.
I prefer to stay inside, and would rather go on a date with my husband than out with other people. I don't play any sports, and my only activity is scrapbooking, unless you count shopping, but even then, I ALWAYS have the kids with me!
Every weekend, I am disappointed, because I want Gairod to spend more time with me and the kids. He is usually working, but if he isn't, he often wants to go hunting or fishing. I always end up mad, because I don't get a break, and I feel like he doesn't want to spend time with us.
I have decided that instead of dwelling on all the time he DOESN'T spend with us, I should be grateful for the time he DOES spend with us, even if it isn't as much as I would like. Maybe if I'm not always trying to force him to spend more time with us, it won't seem like such a chore, and he will want to spend more time with us. Plus, if I don't EXPECT him to be here on weekends, than it will be a nice surprise when he is.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...