Sunday, September 6, 2009

Not very happy.......

Sometime in July, we asked Gairod's mom if she would watch the kids for us when we go to the hospital to have the baby. She said that she could definitely do it. Perfect, we were all set! Gairod's parents only live a couple blocks away, and his mom pretty much knows our routine, so I was glad to have her watching the kids - she could get here quickly (if need be), and I wouldn't have to worry about all hell braking loose while we are gone!

So last night, we got Gairod's brother and his wife to babysit for us, so we could go out for one last "date night" before the baby comes. Since I plan on breast feeding, it will be a while before we can get out with no kids again!

After we got back from dinner, we were casually chatting with Kody and Kim (Gairod's brother and his wife), and they happened to mention that they are going to a wedding next weekend in BC, with Gairod's mom and dad. It took me a minute, but all of a sudden I realized, that I will only be a week and a half away from my due date next weekend!! Then they said that they are going to another wedding together the weekend of September 25th - 27th. The 25th is only 2 days after my due date!!

So I am quite pissed off that they aren't even going to be here for two whole weekends, RIGHT around the time that I could be having the baby, AND they DIDN'T EVEN TELL US!!!! Did they not think that it was important for us to find a backup??? It's not like we can just dump four kids on someone last minute, we need to plan that kind of stuff!!

We haven't had a chance to ask them about it, since they are away camping this weekend. But I asked my mom this morning, if she would be our back-up babysitter, in case I go into labour when Gairod's mom isn't here. She said she would, but (and I hate to say this) I am not as comfortable with her watching the kids as I am with Gairod's mom. Mainly because a) she doesn't know our routine as well, and b) I am not sure if she will be willing to come out to our house to watch the kids (my parents only live in a city 15 minutes away).

Part of the reason we never get my parents to watch the kids for us, is because they ALWAYS want us to bring the kids in to their house, instead of coming out here. I am sorry, but it is MUCH easier for them to come out here, where everything is child proofed, and the kids have all their stuff (food, toys, beds, etc), then for us to pack up four kids (and all their stuff!) and bring them in to their house. My parents act like it is a big inconvenience for them to come out to our house, yet they are always asking me to bring the kids in to see them!

SO, I am REALLY hoping I go into labour when Gairod's mom is here. But if not, I think we will be INSISTING that my mom comes out to our house. Is she really going to argue with someone who is in labour??

1 comment:

Mira said...

People can be so flaky! I can imagine your frustration. I'm so sorry for that. I hope it works out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...