Thursday, September 3, 2009

37 Week Prenatal Appointment!

Today I had my 37 week prenatal appointment.

Everything is still going well! My uterus is measuring 39 weeks (2 weeks ahead), and the baby's heart rate was 145 bpm. Baby is still head down (YAY!). I didn't get checked today, although I doubt there is any progress.

My doctor said that he is quite confident that I will go into labour on my own, and be able to have a successful VBAC. I really hope so. The closer it gets to my due date, the more worried I have been that I won't go into labour, and that I will end up with a c-section. Having had both a vaginal delivery (with no pain meds) and a c-section, I MUCH prefer the vaginal delivery! It just seems more natural, easier to bond with baby, and in my case now, I REALLY don't want the extra recovery time of a c-section! With three 2-year-olds, I don't have the option of taking it easy, and not lifting for several weeks. We can't afford for Gairod to take any time off work, so I will most likely be on my own from the day I get home from the hospital.

In the event that I go over due, my doctor said that he won't let me go past 41 weeks. So that means that I have NO MORE THAN 4 WEEKS LEFT! They don't like to induce with hormones for previous c-section patients, because it increases your risk of uterine rupture. BUT, he said that there are some things that they can try, including inserting a catheter into my cervix to try and dilate it.

So I am really trying to not worry about whether or not I get my VBAC, and just focus on the fact that as long as I have a healthy baby, in the big picture, it doesn't really matter HOW it comes out!

I want to enjoy my last few weeks of pregnancy (although I am finding that really hard to do right now), since this will most likely be my last time experiencing it. Before I know it, I will have my baby in my arms, and this will all be nothing but memories!

1 comment:

The Merry Band of Fife said...

Getting so close! I hope you get your VBAC, they are wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...