Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Am I Crazy???

Sometimes I wonder if I am crazy for having another baby. Not that we can turn back now, but am I really going to be able to handle it??

Today for example, Jade and I fought all morning (clothing issues), until she left the house for school in tears. The triplets have been driving me CRAZY - fighting, whining, NOT napping, and not listening. I am tired, sore (I swear the baby is bashing it's head into my cervix, causing sharp, shooting pains), cranky, and just generally feeling BLAH. Gairod is working late, which means I have to get everyone fed, bathed, ready for bed, and into bed, by myself. Now I try to imagine throwing a newborn into the mix, and I am not sure how I am going to do it.

This is NOT my first baby, so I am not naive, and I KNOW that everything will NOT be instantly better once the baby is here. I will still be tired (probably MORE tired!), I will still be sore (for a little while at least), and I will still be hormonal and cranky! Jade will still have her 7-year-old attitude issues, and the triplets will still be typical drive-you-crazy 2-year-olds!

So honestly, am I crazy????

3 comments:

Special K said...

Probably. But aren't all moms crazy? And then we go and do it all again! Plus, that sweet newborn honeymoon time is gonna smooth things over big time!

Unknown said...

My hat is off to you. We would like one more...but on the bright side our next one will be adopted and I won't have all the hormonal pregnancy stuff to deal with. ( I guess thats the up side of not being able to have any more on our own)

Mira said...

I worry about that too. You know you will handle what you have to handle, just like you did with the triplets. You will find a way to manage and stay sane. Sorry the kids are pulling your strings too much lately. Mine too. Seems fighting is in the air. I sadly turn on the tv to get them to stop. Bad mommy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...