Friday, June 12, 2009

NOT the way I wanted to spend my day!!

So the kids and I have all had a cold for the last few days, lots of coughing and runny noses!

Cole was up fussing a couple times last night, and this morning when he woke up, he was covering his left ear and saying "owie!". Of course my mommy radar instantly thought, - ear infection.

We had plans to go into Lori's house for a play date this morning (all of her kids have colds too, so neither of us was concerned about spreading germs!), so I figured we would go in to her house, and on the way home I would stop at a walk-in clinic in Airdrie, since my Dr isn't in the office on Fridays (and of course my kids ALWAYS get sick on a Thursday night or Friday - go figure!).

So we get to Airdrie about 11:30am, and I decide to try the walk-in at Superstore. I get all of the kids out of the Suburban, we walk through the parking lot, up ALL the stairs, and finally get to the clinic, to be told that they aren't taking anymore patients for the day, because the Dr has meetings all afternoon! So we go ALL the way back. Then we head to the Apple Wellness center, the ONLY other walk-in clinic in Airdrie, besides the Urgent Care center. So again, I get all the kids out, walk all the way through the parking lot, go up ALL the stairs, and again we are told they aren't taking anymore patients for the day! Are you kidding me??

So my only other option was to go to the Urgent Care clinic. I specifically did not want to do that, because he has an ear infection. It is NOT urgent, but DOES need antibiotics, and if I wait until Monday to get into MY Dr, it will be MUCH worse! By this time it is already 12:30pm. (Yes, it took and hour to go to 2 walk-in's, you can't move very fast with three 2-year-olds!) The kids should have had lunch, and been going down for a nap. So we get in, and the staff was VERY nice, and specifically pushed us farther ahead in line then we should have been, because they could see I was struggling to keep my hungry, tired, kids happy!

We FINALLY saw the Dr, just before 2pm! Just as I suspected, Cole's left ear was infected. So we got a prescription for penicillin, and left!

I had to call my mother in-law to pick of Jade from school, since they are out at 2pm on Fridays, and there was NO WAY I was going to make it back to Crossfield in time to pick her up! My poor kids were starving and exhausted! So we stopped by McDonalds to get some food, and of course everyone fell asleep on the way home. I stopped in town to fill the prescription, and it was almost 3pm by the time we got in the house, and started eating - Not exactly the way I wanted to spend my day!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...