Friday, June 19, 2009

A Balancing Act

I find I have been struggling with certain things lately. Mainly, "trying to do it all". As you may recall, a few weeks ago, I posted a daily schedule. I was going to stick by this schedule, spend quality time with the kids, get the house cleaning done, AND have time for myself each day. It sounded great, didn't it? To be honest, it hasn't been getting done. I have been out of the house most days for the past few weeks, and the few days I have been home, I have been tired, and wanting to relax, so I have been turning on the TV, and letting the kids watch and play, while I sit on the couch and rest.

I just can't seem to do it all! When I stay home all the time, I have the time to do my schedule, but the kids get bored, which results in them fighting more, and I get bored too, which results in me not wanting to do anything. If we go out all the time, which we have been lately (going to Lori's house, the mall, the zoo), then by the time we get home, I am tired, and the kids are cranky. They usually end up having a short nap in the vehicle, and won't go down for a proper nap, so again, I turn on the TV, and sit on the couch.

I need to find a balance, somewhere in the middle. I need to go out a few times a week, but then stay home a few days a week, and be productive!

I think part of my problem right now, is that I am so focused on going on vacation. We are *hoping* to leave in 2 weeks, for my parents cabin at Waskesiu Lake, in Saskatchewan. We hope to stay for 3 weeks! I say *hoping*, because it still hinges on whether or not Gairod has work he needs to do during that time, and how my next prenatal appointment goes. Gairod is hoping to just continue with small jobs for the next few weeks, and then get a big job when we get back. I am hoping to get the 'okay' from my doctor, and be able to skip a prenatal appointment.

I am really hoping that once we get home from vacation, I can settle into a routine. We won't be going anywhere else for the rest of summer, and I would REALLY like to get a good schedule going before the new baby comes. I am ALWAYS happier when the house is organized and clean, I just have a hard time getting it there! lol! My mom will be home all of August (she is usually gone for the whole summer, up at their cabin), so maybe she will watch the kids a few times for the day, so that I can get some major organizing/cleaning done, like my kitchen, which is in MAJOR need of a good cleaning!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...