Friday, May 1, 2009

We're Home!

We got back from our fishing trip on Wednesday! All in all, it was a great trip!

The Saturday night before we left, I cried myself to sleep, because I was so upset about leaving the kids! I wanted to take them with us, but I knew that wasn't possible, and that they would be FINE here with Grandma! Don't go on a vacation away from your kids when you are pregnant, the hormones make it so much harder! lol!

We left here at 8:00am Sunday morning. We stopped twice for gas, bathroom and food, and made it to Mission BC by 6:30pm our time (5:30pm BC time). I LOVE the west coast! Everything here is still cold and brown, and everything there is warm and green!! They even have pretty flower gardens already! I am so jealous!!

Anyways, we got to the owners house (he has a basement suite that he rents out to customers for the same price as a hotel), his wife showed us around, and then Gairod and I went out to Boston Pizza for dinner. We were both very tired, so we went back to the house, watched a bit of TV, and went to bed!

We had to be at the harbour by 8:00am Monday morning. There we met our guide, Ryan. He was great! He is young like us, and an easy guy to talk to! We got along with him really well, and it made the days so much more enjoyable!

We started catching fish pretty much right away! Gairod got the first fish of the day, and I got the second, which ended up being my biggest fish of the trip! It was 5 feet, 8 inches long! Sturgeon are such a fun fish to catch, because they are so strong, and put up a really good fight, even the smaller ones!

So after 8 hours of fishing, we ended up with 13 fish total for the day! We went back to the house, called the kids, then ordered pizza and watched the Flames hockey game. I was so tired and sore after a long, fun day of fishing, that we went to bed early!

The next day started at the same time as the first. It was quite a bit more windy the second day, which made fishing a little harder. It took a couple hours before we started to catch anything, but once we did, they were almost all decent sized fish! Gairod got his biggest fish, which was 5 feet, 10.5 inches long!


I also got my second biggest fish, which was 5 feet long!In total we caught 9 fish the second day. We went back to the house, called the kids, then went out for dinner. After dinner we got packed up and went to bed early, since we were planning on getting up early the next morning to leave for home!

We got up at 5:30am the next morning and left by 6:00am! Again we only stopped twice, and we made it home by 5:30pm our time (we lost an hour coming home, due to the time change). The kids were happy to see us, and we were so happy to see them!! It was nice to get away and have a new experience, but it was also nice to get back home to regular life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...