Wednesday, May 20, 2009

4th Prenatal Appointment!

Today I had my 4th prenatal appointment, and my last one with my regular family doctor. My appointment next month will be with my OB!!

I am 22 weeks. Weight and BP are both looking good, and the heart rate was a healthy 148 bpm!

My uterus is measuring a bit large for my dates and the size of my baby (confirmed by ultrasound). I am measuring 26 weeks, when I should only be 22! That is 4 WEEKS AHEAD!! At my second appointment (at 14 weeks) my uterus was also measuring large, at 2 weeks ahead. My doctor said if we didn't know any better, his first thought would be multiples! But since I have had 3 ultrasounds, and all have shown ONE baby, measuring perfectly for my dates, and my fluid levels have been fine, he has no idea WHY my uterus would be measuring large. So he said if I am still measuring big when I see my OB next month, he will probably send me for another ultrasound, just to be sure the baby and fluid levels are all still measuring properly.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...