Monday, May 25, 2009

Naps/Bedtime!

We seem to be having MAJOR issues with naps and bedtime lately, and I feel like I am at my breaking point!!

Almost everyday, nap time is a fight. I spend WAY too much time trying to get the kids to lay down, stop playing, and go to sleep! It is seriously starting to stress me out, and I am starting to wonder if it is even worth it! Last night and this afternoon, I was almost in tears trying to get them to go to sleep!

The thing is, they will go for a few days napping really well, and then they will have another few days of napping crappy, if at all, so I never know what to expect!!

I KNOW they still need their sleep, since the days that they don't nap well, they are very cranky by dinner time, but I don't know how to MAKE them sleep!!

I even tried pushing their nap back an hour, so now I am putting them down at 1pm, instead of 12pm, because when I was putting them down at 12, they were playing around for an hour or more!

So putting them down at 1 worked great for a few days, and now they are back to pissing around for over an hour. So if I put them down at 1pm, and they play around until 2pm, they then only have an hour to sleep, because I have to go get Jade from school at 3pm. That is one of the biggest problems. They only have limited time to sleep, so when I put them down, they need to go to sleep right away.

I have cleared out their room, so they really don't have anything to play with, but we DO have issues with them playing with their blinds. They have a big window in their room, and I have a room darkening blind on it. But they can reach it by standing on their beds, and constantly pull it up. I duct tape it to the wall EVERY day, but they just rip the tape off, and play with the blinds.

Tonight Gairod got a bunch of cardboard, and put it BETWEEN the two panes of glass on their window, so we can leave the blinds up, and their room is still dark. Hopefully this will help, now that they can't play with their blinds!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...