Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Jade :)

I can't believe my "little" girl turned 7 years old today!! I can still remember the day she was born, and it DOES NOT seem like 7 years ago!!

As funny as this might sound, Jade was quite thrilled that her birthday fell on a week day this year. This meant that she got to wear a special birthday hat at school, and also got a special goody bag from her teacher! Jade's old kindergarten teacher, who is also the mother of her best friend, took Jade and Jordyn (best friend) out for lunch!

Then in the evening, we had our families over for dinner and cake! The little kids were a bit cranky since they didn't have a good nap today, but other then that, everything went well :)

Instead of a birthday party with a bunch of friends, which we don't have the space for and really can't afford right now, Jade has decided to have her best friend Jordyn come for a sleepover! So next Friday, Jordyn will come home from school with us, and we'll order pizza, let the girls pick out a movie and get some treats, and I am sure they will have a GREAT time!
For her birthday present from us, I am going to take Jade to the mall, let her pick out a few summer outfits from Children's Place (her favorite store!), and then we will have lunch at the food court, just the two of us!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...