Friday, January 1, 2010

Growing Up!

We have treated the triplets like babies for so long, that it feels weird (and nice!) to finally be moving on to some more "big kid" things!!

- We are no longer using a stroller! (see other post)
- We are no longer using sippy cups at meals, we are using "real" cups!
- We finally took down the "fence" that was blocking about a third of our living room, including the computer and TV.
- And on Sunday, we are going to start potty training!!!


Those of you with singletons probably don't understand WHY our triplets are just now, at almost 3, starting to do some of the things that most kids are doing just after they turn 2 (or earlier!). And until you have triplets, you really can't fully understand. Having three 2-year-olds is A LOT harder than having one 2-year-old. 3 kids can run away from you, in 3 different directions. 3 kids can spill 3 times as many glasses of milk as one kid can. 3 kids are more rowdy, and are more likely to break things. 3 kids potty training, means 3 times as many accidents.


So even if these "milestones" are late, we are still proud of them, and happy to finally be hitting them!

3 comments:

Jennifer Y said...

That's great! I know a lot of moms of just one who go MUCH, MUCH longer without doing any of those things! You shouldn't feel bad at all! Good luck with the potty training, I can't imagine doing 3 at once! I hope you are able to find the patience, lol!

Jenn said...

Thanks Jennifer, I thought about potty training them one at a time, but I decided to just "rip the bandaid off" and try and train all 3 at once! lol! I too am hoping I can find the patience! Haha!

Haley said...

That is so neat Jenn. I can only imagine how hard triplets are, especially when they are younger.

All the best to you and your family in 2010!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...