I can't believe I can finally say this: Life with triplets is STARTING TO GET EASIER!!!
When my triplets were babies, I would run into other people with multiples (usually twins), at the mall, grocery store, or other random places. They would almost ALWAYS say, "Things will get easier after the first year!" So being the fool that I am, I believed them.
We made it through the first year, and guess what?! Things DIDN'T get easier, in fact, they started to get HARDER!!!
We still had to deal with the "baby" stuff of the first year, like diapers, strollers, naps, feedings, etc. BUT we also had to start dealing with "toddler" stuff, like being more mobile, getting into more things, temper tantrums, attitudes, etc.
So when I see other parents of multiple babies, I tell them the truth: "It DOESN'T get easier!!" I feel bad seeing the scared, disappointed look on their faces, but hey, someone needs to tell them the truth!!
Now, after almost 3 years, I can honestly say it is getting easier. Now, that we are finally starting to shed some of the "baby" stuff, I am starting to feel more relaxed. I am no longer changing 1000 diapers a day, we no longer have to rush home for nap time, I no longer have to haul around, and be the center of attention with, a huge triple stroller. I am starting to feel a bit more normal. Well, as normal as a mother of 5, including a set of triplets, can ever be! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment