Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 1 of Potty Training!!!


We are at the end of Day 1 of potty training, and I am happy to say that I think it was a success!! :)

The morning started off very good. I got the kids diapers off, and got them all to sit on the potty right away, and all 3 of them peed! :) When they pee on the potty they get to put a sticker on their chart, and they get a smartie.
After that, I gave them each a sippy cup of apple juice. (I know I said we are done with sippy cups, and we are, but we will be using them for juice to help with potty training.) My kids usually never get juice, so this was a treat for them, and of course they drank lots! :) For the rest of the morning, I got them all to sit on the potty about every 20 minutes, or sooner if they looked like they needed to pee. By the afternoon, they were getting the hang of it, so I was a little bit more relaxed with making them sit on the potty all the time.
Hayden seemed to have a bit of a hard time at first, and had 3 accidents in a row. After that, he started to get the hang of it, and only had one more accident. He was also the first to poop on the potty!! When they poop on the potty, they get a sticker on their chart, and a special, bigger, chocolate. At the end of the day, Hayden had 7 pees on the potty, 4 pee accidents, and 1 poop on the potty. He even stayed dry when he fell asleep on the couch at quiet time!!! (I had a pull-up on him, just in case!)
Cole seemed to get the hang of it pretty quickly. But the poor boy spent most of the day on the potty! I could tell he needed to poop, but was having a hard time actually doing it. He kept saying "Poop Mommy!" and he would run to the potty, pull his underwear down, and sit there. Then after a few minutes, he would get up, pull his underwear up, and go play. Then a few minutes later, he would do the same thing all over again. This seriously lasted for several hours, and to be quite honest, got very annoying! He was like "the boy who cried wolf", and I started to almost ignore his constant calls of "Poop Mommy!" and let him take his time getting his underwear off, since I knew he wasn't going to actually do anything! Then one time he said "Done!" I looked over, and he was standing above his potty, with his underwear ON, and he had pooped. At least he was over top of his potty, right?! At the end of the day, Cole had 7 pees on the potty, 2 pee accidents (one of which was in his pull-up at quiet time), and 1 poop accident.
Kadance was my little champ! The only problem with her, is that she doesn't drink as much as the boys, so she didn't need to pee as much. In the long run this will be a good thing, but for potty training it was a bit annoying - for her! She was so sick of me constantly asking her to sit on the potty! Kadance peed on the potty 6 times, pooped on the potty 1 time, and had NO accidents!!!
So like I said, overall the day was a success!! I am REALLY hoping that tomorrow is just as good, and that the rest of the potty training process goes smoothly! :)

2 comments:

Jennifer Y said...

That's awesome!! I'll bet going from 4 in diapers to just 1 is going to be great!

Jenn said...

I know, I can't wait!! It is going to be SOOO much cheaper! lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...