Last night was Jade's last gymnastic class. Gymnastics started in September, and ran for 20 weeks, to the end of January. For the first few months, I have to admit, it seemed like more of a pain then it was worth. I was 9 months pregnant for the first month, and then had a newborn baby for the next couple of months. I think I have said before, I am not a big fan of going out in the evening. I prefer to get all the kids in bed by 7pm, get everything tidied up, and then have time to relax on the couch. Well, because of Gymnastics, every Thursday evening has been messed up. We had to eat dinner by 5pm, Jade, Sage, and I would have to be out the door by 6pm, and we wouldn't get home until 8pm. THEN I would have to get Sage into bed, do all the clean up, and all my nightly chores, before I could sit down and relax.
Then, about a month ago, I started talking with one of the other moms. She has 4 kids, a 5th baby on the way, and she homeschools. She seemed very normal, not the stereotypical homeschooler that I had pictured in my head. That is what got me thinking about homeschooling. So for the past few weeks, I have been looking forward to Thursday evenings, so I could chat with this other mom, and ask her questions about homeschooling. Now, gymnastics is over.
Why does that always happen? Just as I start to enjoy something, it ends.
No comments:
Post a Comment