Last night, Gairod, Jade, and I went to the hospital to visit my sister and Lily! She is even smaller than I thought! It is hard to get a real perspective through pictures. She is SOOO tiny, yet so perfect looking!
She is in the EXACT same spot that Cole was in when he was at the Foothills NICU! What are the chances, with all those beds, that she would end up in the same one as her cousin?! It was neat for me to see, because I never got to see Cole at Foothills. He was transferred there a few hours after birth, and stayed for 4 days - the exact amount of time that I was admitted at PLC! The day I got released from the hospital, he got transferred back to PLC, so I never actually got to go to Foothills!
Going to the NICU, and seeing tiny Lily, brings back so many memories! The sights, the sounds, the smells, they all came flooding back. It pains me to see my sister having to go through this. I would never wish the NICU on anyone - not even my worst enemy! Don't get me wrong, the NICU staff do a wonderful job of looking after tiny/sick babies, but when you don't get to hold your baby, don't get to feed your baby, don't get to do all the things "normal" new mom's and baby's get to do, it's just hard, and not a very nice experience. Unfortunately for my sister, the hardest part is still yet to come - Leaving the hospital for the first time, without her baby. That was one of the hardest days of my life. I went to the hospital, had 3 babies, and then 5 days later, I went home with none of them. I can't even describe the emptiness I felt. I didn't know what to do with myself at home. I just wanted to be at the hospital with my babies. I pray everyday, that Lily will stay healthy, and get big and strong - quickly! I am sure she will have at least several weeks in the NICU, but I am hoping everything continues to go well, and in a few months this will all be a memory.
Lily - 1 day old
2 comments:
Seriously I can't even imagine how hard it would be to go home with out your baby/babies. She sure is a cute tiny little baby. I hope and pray she grows fast and stays healthy also!
OMG She is so small and precious! I hope too that she puts on weight and is healthy enough to go home really, really soon!
Post a Comment