Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since I have posted a blog! I have been very busy lately, but I will try to update on everything that has been going on!
Gairod's auntie Gail, cousin Travis, his wife Amanda, and their 10-month-old son Ethan, came out from Vancouver Island on Friday. They are in Alberta for 2-3 weeks, visiting family and friends. We had a nice visit with them on Friday night. Saturday morning, Gairod and Travis went hunting, and then in the afternoon we all went up to his Grandparents place in Red Deer for dinner. They haven't seen our little ones since they were 4 months old, sad, especially considering how close they live (1 hour away).
On Sunday we went to the TTMAC Christmas Party (I will post pics later!). It was alright, but our kids are at a hard age, where they are too old to just sit in their stroller happily, but too young to really do any activities!
On Monday I took Kadance to her doctor appointment, to talk about the possible allergy to the cold. Well, my Dr had never even heard of being allergic to the cold, so he said that I had taught him something new, and he would have to go look it up in his books!! He is going to refer us to an allergist though, so I guess we just have to wait and see. In the mean time, I keep second guessing myself, and thinking that maybe she is just fine! I want her to have a reaction again, like the first one. I know that sounds weird, but I am not convinced!!
On Tuesday, Gairod, Travis, Amanda and I went to the Flames game! It was fun, I have only been to a handful of Flames games before, so it was a nice treat, and a fun night out with my husband!
Now to my big dilemma. Yesterday, Kadance learned how to climb out of her playpen!!! I was really hoping to keep them in their playpens until they are a bit older, but I don't think that is going to work with Kadance. At the end of their nap yesterday, I could hear that they were all awake, so I ran downstairs to get the laundry up before I went in to get them out of bed. When I came back upstairs, their bedroom door was open (I usually close it but don't latch it) and Kadance was standing at their gate!! Gairod's mom and dad babysat last night when we went to the hockey game, and she went to bed fine. Then today at nap time, she would not stay in her playpen!! She kept on climbing out! Finally I just left her. Well, neither her or Cole napped, because she took his soother and kept bugging him. Hayden managed to fall asleep, but when I went in there to get Kadance and Cole out, their room was totally trashed, and poor Hayden's playpen was full of stuffed animals, blankets, shoes, and plastic bags (I use them for diapers)!! So I told Gairod that this weekend, we need to get closet doors (we don't have any!), we need to put drawer locks on the rest of the dresser drawers (the bottom one has one already) and we need to clear everything else out of their room!
Now I am trying to decide if we should borrow an actual crib for Kadance and see if she will stay in that, or if we should switch her to a toddler bed? I am worried that if she is in a toddler bed, she will keep the boys up, and I will have 3 cranky kids! But I am also worried that she will figure out how to climb out of a crib too, and we will be back to square one! If anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE let me know!!
1 comment:
They make nets for cribs (not sure about play pens) so that they cant get out?? Thats all I could think of! I want to get the nets for the boys, I think they are close...they love to climb!
Post a Comment