It is quite chilly here this morning, so when I took Jade to school, I let Kadance walk to the van (I usually carry her) to allow her a little more time out in the cold. I also purposely didn't put gloves on her. When we got back, I let her walk to the house, and she had to put her hands on the cold cement steps to get into the house. Within minutes, she had a hive on one hand (about the size of a pencil eraser) and two more trying to form on her other hand! I didn't give her any Benedryl, just watched her, and an hour later, they were gone.
I did have one little freak-out moment! Just after we came in the house she tripped and fell face-first into the corner of the wall. She was crying, and I picked her up and cuddled her, then put her down and a minute later I looked at her and her top lip was HUGELY swollen!! I freaked for a moment that it might be part of an allergic reaction, but then logic took over, and I realized that she did just smash her face into the corner of the wall, so it would make sense for her to get a fat lip!
I think I am going to get her into see our family doctor next week, and see if he can refer her to an allergist. I am really hoping that this isn't it, but I have a bad feeling that it is. If it is, I hope we can figure out a way to manage it, because living in Alberta, we really can't avoid the cold weather!

Here are a few pics of poor Kadance with her fat lip!
No comments:
Post a Comment