Friday, November 14, 2008

Not looking good :(

In most of the articles I have found on Cold Urticaria, they say that there is a simple ice cube test you can do to see if they have this allergy. You place an ice cube on their skin for 4 minutes, then you take it off, and watch their skin for 10 minutes to see it they have any kind of a reaction. So, I decided to try this on Kadance, and unfortunately, she did have a reaction. The spot where the ice cube was, became covered in hives :( Here are some pictures of it.

5 min after ice cube removal


10 min after ice cube removal


It's kind of hard to see in the pictures, but at 5 minutes, there were hives around mostly just the edge of where the ice cube had been, and at 10 minutes they covered most of the area the ice cube had been touching. I have an appointment with our family doctor on Monday, so we will see what he says.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...