Tuesday, March 16, 2010

3 week check-up

It has been 3 weeks since I was diagnosed with postpartum depression, and started on antidepressants.

I am happy to say that I am feeling quite good, and it seems to be getting better all the time. I had a doctor's appointment today, and my doctor is happy with how much better I am feeling. He could see how much happier I am!

He wants me to continue on my antidepressants for another 3 full months (4 full months total), and then slowly wean off them with one more full month worth of pills. I will take 2 weeks every day, 2 weeks every other day, and then the rest every third day, until they are gone. So by the time I am totally off them, it will be about 6 months.

I am happy with that. I am feeling much better, and I want to continue feeling better. I feel like I have my motivation back. I honestly think that the nice weather we have had lately has helped too. I have been getting out for walks with the kids, and we have been de-cluttering all of the toys out of the garage! I am feeling rejuvenated, and like I can handle things again. I am happy!

1 comment:

Jennifer Y said...

I'm glad you are feeling better!!

It's finally getting nice here too and it's crazy how much better it makes everything! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...