Thursday, December 3, 2009

Some Days.

Some days I think I would be better off if I would have just stayed in bed.

Today I decided to go in to Market Mall. I told the kids we would see Santa, I wanted to see about getting Sage's ears pierced, and I was hoping to get a bit of Christmas shopping done too.

Well, the kids woke up cranky this morning, and it took me longer to get out the door than I wanted, but we eventually got there. We got into the mall, and it was packed. Apparently everyone thought that Thursday morning would be a good time to go shopping.........and see Santa. It was 10am when we got to the Santa place, and the lady said they weren't taking down anymore names until 1pm. Sorry, but I am NOT waiting around for 3 hours! So we carried on. I asked about getting Sage's ears pierced at Merl Norman, but they said they won't do it until she is at least 3 months old. I *tried* to do a bit of Christmas shopping, but the kids were being a bit cranky, and it was just too distracting, so I decided to just wait until this weekend, when I can go in without the triplets, and I don't have to try and navigate the huge triple stroller through the stores.

So we got some lunch "to go" from the food court, and headed back down to the parkade to go home. I got everyone into the Suburban, everything unloaded, the triple stroller loaded back in, turned the key, and nothing. It was dead. At first I thought it must be because I had the radio on while I fed Sage when we first got there, but then I realized that when I changed Cole before we went in, I had turned on the interior light, and forgot to turn it off.

So I tried calling Gairod, but I had no reception in the parkade. At this point I was almost in tears. Sage was screaming because she needed to eat again, and I didn't know HOW we were even going to boost the Suburban, since I was parked up against a post, and there were vehicles on all sides of me.

So I unloaded all the kids again. But this time skipped the triple stroller, put Sage in her stroller instead of the wrap, and made the triplets walk holding onto the stroller. I needed to go back into the mall to get reception so I could call Gairod. I got back in, called Gairod, and of course immediately started bawling! He calmed me down, and told me not to worry. He would call Henry (our friend with a tow truck!), and see if he could come boost me. He said that Henry has 20 foot cables, so he would easily be able to reach. He called me back a few minutes later, told me to go back into the mall, feed Sage, feed the kids, and that Henry would probably be there in about an hour. So I went back to the Suburban, got our lunch that I had just bought, and then went back into the mall. We sat on a bench, the kids ate their subs, and I fed Sage.

By the time we were done, it was about 12:45pm, so I thought since we were sitting there with time to kill, we might as well go see if we can see Santa! So we got in line to see Santa, and about 10 minutes later, Henry called! So we had to go back to the parkade. I had to tell the poor kids that we weren't going to see Santa AGAIN!!

Henry got us boosted, and we were on our way! So my day didn't exactly go as planned, but I did manage to find a silver lining. The second time we went into the mall, I had the triplets walk. They have never walked in a mall before, they have always gone in their stroller, as I thought it would be too much walking for them and the would all run away. But they were REALLY good!! They all held onto the stroller they whole time, they listened, and they even kept a good pace as I was rushing them back to the parkade when Henry got there! lol! So I think the next time I go to the mall, I might have them just walk! That will be SOOO much nicer than pushing the triple stroller!! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...