Sunday, April 5, 2009

Feeling left out......

So, I try not to let these kind of things bug me, but they do. Yesterday I was talking to my mom, and she mentioned that today they are going to my brothers house for brunch. She then said that she wasn't supposed to tell me, because we weren't invited. My brother is young (22) and lives with his girlfriend. They are all about themselves right now, and TOTALLY not in kid mode! They live in a fairly small house, but we have all been over there for dinner before. Their excuse was that we have a big family, and they just don't have the space. Have I ever mentioned that WE live in a 900sf house?? We don't have space either, but we make it work! I would expect this kind of thing from my extended family. There have been a few things that we have been excluded from, but I have just brushed them off. But I never would have expected it from my own brother!! He invited my parents, and my sister and her new baby, just not me and my family. I know I shouldn't let it bug me, it's only brunch! But it's the principle of it. The fact that we are being excluded because of our family size. Thanks a lot. I'll remember this.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...