Monday, April 20, 2009

3rd Prenatal Appointment!

Today I had my third prenatal appointment. I will be 18 weeks tomorrow! The Dr said my blood pressure has been creeping up a little bit, so they will keep an eye on it, but it is probably nothing. My weight gain is good, according to the Dr I have gained 6lbs so far (I have been weighing myself weekly at home and according to my weights it's 5lbs), so that is good! I am REALLY hoping to keep my weight gain to a minimum, and so far this is the slowest I have gained out of all three of my pregnancies! We heard the heart beat, it was 147 bpm.

Tomorrow I go for my 18 week ultrasound! This will probably be my last ultrasound :(
No, we are NOT going to find out the sex, we want it to be a surprise! But if I had to guess, I would say it is probably a boy!

I really am feeling quite good at this point in my pregnancy! My only complaint is my sciatic nerve. It has bothered my off and on for almost 7 years now, but it seems to bug me much more during pregnancy. Any time I do a lot of walking (mall, zoo, hike) I am in a lot of pain for the rest of the day/evening and sometimes even the next day. It really is quite a nuisance, since I am really wanting to try and stay active throughout this pregnancy, especially since a lot of it will be through Spring and Summer. I am considering going to a chiropractor, to see if that will help, but we really don't have the extra money to waste on that, so I don't know.....

Anyways, the Dr said that I seem to be on the path to an uneventful, uncomplicated, normal, pregnancy! That is exactly what I wanted to hear :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...