Sometimes I wonder if I am a bad mom. Jade was whining and complaining this morning because she never gets to have friends over. It's true, she never does get to have friends over, because it is a pain and an inconvenience to me. First of all, none of her friends live near by, so that means I have to pack up all the kids and drive to go get or drop off a friend. Second of all, we don't really have much space for them to play. Jade's room is a constant mess and totally cluttered with way too much stuff. The basement is okay, but is often times a mess if I take the little ones down there and don't get around to cleaning it up. And, it has been too cold/wet/mucky for them to play outside.
I also feel bad because I feel like lately all the triplets do is watch tv. I turn on the tv first thing in the morning, and it pretty much stays on all day. To be honest, I want them to watch tv so that they will hopefully leave me alone for a few minutes so that I can TRY to get some stuff done around the house. But in reality, it usually doesn't work. They then whine because they want me to sit on the couch and watch with them! I never do playdough or coloring or crafts with them, because it is too messy, and a pain in the ass for me. Yes, I realize I am a terrible mom.
The other thing I do too much with all of them, is I give in. I always said that I would never be one of those parents who gives their kid what they want just because they are crying, but I am ashamed to admit that that is who I have become. I feel like all day, every day, I am listening to whining and crying and fighting. So often times if I can make them stop by turning on the tv show they want, or giving them the extra snack they want, or letting Jade watch the movie she wants, then I do it, just for a little peace and quiet.
Sometimes I feel like I am just selfish, and I need to sacrifice more for my kids. I chose to have them, so I need to do everything I can to make their life a great experience. Basically, sometimes I just feel like a really crappy mom :(
2 comments:
(((((HUGS))))) You are not a bad mom! It sounds more like a rut. We all get in ruts and sometimes we just need to do something new to spice things up for a little while!
You need to cut yourself a little slack...you have four kids...three of them being triplets...and you're pregnant. I'd say you're doing pretty well if you're even attempting to keep up with your house. :) Anyway...we've all been there :P
Post a Comment